Revenue in the juices segment amounts to US $116.80bn in 2023.* We’ll look at applications of Lean and Six Sigma from Indonesia, Bangladesh, and Haiti and finish with a video of how various juices are produced.
Optimizing Guava Juice Production Using Lean Six Sigma: Indonesia
In a study titled “Study on optimization of ready-to-drink (RTD) guava juice production process at PT. XYZ using Lean Six Sigma application” authors Gabrielle Zhe and Wiwit Amrinola discuss the use of Lean Six Sigma methods to determine the factors that enable the optimization of the product process for ready-to-drink (RTD) guava juice.
The study includes:
- Process Times and Value-Add, Non Value-Add assessments
- Ratio of Non-Value-Add to Value Add Steps
- Seven Wastes Diagram
- Value Stream Map using Value Stream Analysis Tool (VALSAT)
- VALSAT Matrix Table
- Pareto Diagram of Defect Types
- FMEA Diagram
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Machine Trouble
You can access the study here.
[Citation: Gabrielle Zhe and Wiwit Amrinola 2022 IOP Conf. Ser.: Earth Environ. Sci. 998
Using Value Stream Mapping to Reduce Manufacturing Waste in a Litchi Juice Production Plant: Bangladesh
In a case study titled “A Case Study to Reduce the Manufacturing Waste Prior to Improve the Productivity Factors of a Litchi Juice Production Plant by Using Value Stream Map and Six Sigma Scale” authors Md. Monir Hossain and M. Kamal Uddin discuss the use of the Value Stream Mapping (VSM) process to eliminate the manufacturing waste in a litchi juice production plant.
The case study includes:
- Basic Stages of Litchi Juice Production Line
- Value Desired (VD) and Non Value Desired (NVD) Times of Litchi Juice Production Line
- Present Value Stream Map
- Waiting Time Calculation
- Defect Product Calculation
- Present and Expected Labor of Litchi Juice Production Line
- Cumulative Percentage of Down Time for Pareto Analysis
- Pareto Chart
- Future State Value Stream Map
Copy and paste the following link into your browser to read the case study.
Application of the FMEA and Criticality Analysis Tool in Conceptual Mango Juice Production: Haiti
In an article titled “Conceptualization of a mango juice production company and the use of the FMECA tool” authors Neïka Fidélia, Bleed Ilsaint and Thayana Prézil discuss the use of the FMEA and Critical Analysis (FMECA) in a conceptual mango juice company.
The article includes:
- Steps in FMECA Proceedings
- Mango Juice Production Process
- Efficiency Table
- Security Table
- Environmental Factors Table
You can access the article here.
Juice Production Video
In a video from Noal Farm, see how Papaya, Pomegranate, Apple, and Lime juices are made.
You can watch the video here.