Webinar: Training and implementing lean with a blind workforce. Manufacturing excellence and people with disabilities
Most manufacturing companies shy away from hiring the blind and the deaf-blind with the assumption that safety and productivity will be a risk. Good, highly skilled employees are becoming harder to obtain and with blind unemployment at 70 percent, there are options. With traditional methods and thoughts about hiring, training lean methods do not always work for employees dealing with blindness and blindness with other disabilities. Learn how lean and efficient manufacturing can be accomplished with people dealing with these disabilities. Hear about:
- Tactile methods for training, layout development and displaying metrics.
- Design and simple technology to replace kanban signals.
- Safety and quality checks in the manufacturing process.
- Workstation design and ergonomics that allows all employees to be productive.
- Fun and innovative ways to use Legos in training.