Recently we took a snapshot of Six Sigma jobs in the financial arena. Now, we are sampling automotive/transportation companies to see what Six Sigma jobs are in need.
As an exercise, again we went to Indeed.com
Accordingly, we looked at job notices on Indeed for five companies.
- Bridgestone Americas
- Penske Truck Leasing
This was not meant to be a scientific study.
We searched on the company name and Six Sigma jobs. What follows is a sampling of the company and required/desired skills they listed with Six Sigma. Each bullet is from a separate job description.
Selected required/desired skills by institution: Five listings per company
- Business Process Management and/or Lean Six Sigma training
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred
- Experience applying Industry-recognized process improvement methodologies, such as Six Sigma, preferred.
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or similar continuous improvement tools
- Lean Mfg/Six Sigma certificate and/or 3 years CI experience
- Lean manufacturing principles, Six Sigma, value engineering
- General knowledge of Six Sigma principles and practices
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Six Sigma and Lean training
- Experience in structured Lean methodologies including personally running Kaizen events/Six Sigma projects
Penske Truck Leasing
- Lean / Kaizen / Six Sigma conceptual knowledge and practical experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification (preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt, Lean certifications (preferred)
- Lean, Six Sigma or TPS training preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt (preferred), Six Sigma Green Belt (required)
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Sensei Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred, attainment is required within 12 months
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred. Applies Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Statistical Process Controls (SPC) tools
- Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen (advanced level)
- Accredited LSS Black Belt, Lean Sensei, and or Master Black Belt certification is a plus
- Certified trained in at least two of the following: Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen or Six Sigma (green or black belt).
- Continuous improvement experience with a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and Six Sigma principles
- Six Sigma or Lean skills and tools exposure advantageous.
- CI/Six Sigma/Lean Training a plus
This simple exercise should give an idea of the inroads Lean and Six Sigma have made in the automotive/transportation related industries.