In previous weeks, we sampled Six Sigma jobs from the financial and automotive/transportation industries. This week we sample Six Sigma jobs from five competitors in the eCommerce and big box store arena.
Accordingly, we looked at job notices on Indeed for:
- Home Depot
This was not meant to be a scientific study.
We searched on the company name and Six Sigma jobs. What follows is a sampling of the company and required/desired skills they listed with Six Sigma. Each bullet is from a separate job description.
Selected Required/Desired Skills by Institution: Five listings per company
- You not only have experience in managing a team of 30+ employees, you also lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- Experience working with IT professionals and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Prior experience implementing Lean Six Sigma and Project Management concepts and frameworks
- You not only have experience in managing 5 or more frontline supervisors, you also lead large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt - Certification, Six Sigma Green Belt – Certification
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt or Lean Certification
- Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma Black Belt – Certification
- Project Management and/or Supply Chain Lean Six Sigma Champion Certification
- Six Sigma Black Belt – Certification
- You’ll leverage a mix of key metrics, Lean Six Sigma, GEMBA walks and other activities to understand what’s working well and where to improve
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma and root cause analysis in a technical problem-solving environment
- You will support all field-based continuous improvement efforts; aligning deep expertise by process path and department while leveraging Lean/ Six Sigma methodologies.
- You’ll utilize the practices of lean approaches, six sigma tools, and 5S techniques within the workplace to drive cleanliness and documentation of defects for root cause analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma (Green Belt/Black Belt)
- Continuous improvement program development and execution (e.g., Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing)
- Lead process improvement initiatives leveraging Lean-Six Sigma.
- Certified in Six Sigma Methodology
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- 6+ years of experience working on and/or managing project(s) involving the implementation of project life cycle methodologies (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, process management, organizational change)
- Certification and proven experience in Lean, Six Sigma or similar disciplines and also proven ability to flexibly apply those disciplines.
- Supports process improvements including Six Sigma Lean, Kaizen events, rapid improvement events.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt trained or certified, Master Black Belt, or accredited certification equivalent.
This simple exercise should give an idea of the inroads Lean and Six Sigma have made in the eCommerce/big box stores arena.