ISSSP strives to be the world's leading non-profit organization promoting the values and principles of Lean Six Sigma. Since the worldwide adoption of Lean Six Sigma in the 1990's, there has been a need to promote the growth and development of the discipline. The involvement of our members should be an influence over Lean Six Sigma practices that promote its efficacy across the business community.
ISSSP's Lean Six Sigma principles are guided by the 6 C's:
- Contribution: ISSSP encourages its members to take an active role in the sharing of experiences and information for the betterment of the practice of Lean Six Sigma and process excellence. This is the best way to establish Lean Six Sigma a reputable career path.
- Cultivation: ISSSP is committed to the growth and development of professionals in the process excellence community. This goal is achieved by providing information in the form of webinars, articles, white papers, and more.
- Clarity: ISSSP brings a simplified interpretation of the sometimes complex and misleading information about what Lean Six Sigma is, what it isn’t, what it can be, and how it complements other process improvement initiatives. The goal is not to set a global standard for Lean Six Sigma methodologies, so much as it is to provide students with an understanding regarding what they should expect from teaching practices, training materials, and certification requirements, which are designed to ensure real world skills are learned and demonstrated.
- Community: ISSSP provides a network supporting the free exchange of ideas and the creation of valuable relationships.
- Credibility: ISSSP is driven to be the leading resource for awareness and the most credible source of information regarding the practice of Lean Six Sigma, and its integration with other change management practices.
- Commitment: ISSSP supports the commitment to realizing the far-reaching changes made possible through the continued growth and adoption of Lean Six Sigma and other process excellence methodologies.